Description for Dell PowerEdge R740 Server, Intel Xeon Silver 4210 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s, 13.75M Cache, 16GB RDIMM 2933MT/s, 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS 12Gbps, 3.5" Chassis with up to 8 Hard Drives | PowerEdge-R740
PowerEdge R740 Server (3.5" Chassis with up to 8 Hard Drives) , Intel Xeon Silver 4210 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s, 13.75M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400, 16GB RDIMM 2933MT/s Dual Rank, 2.4 TB 10K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512e 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, 3.5in HYB CARR , PERC H730P RAID Controller, 2Gb NV Cache, Broadcom 5720 QP 1Gb Network Daughter Card, Mini card , Dual Hot-plug Power Supply (1+1), 750W , 2 x C13 to C14, PDU Style, 10 AMP, 6.5 Feet (2m), Power Cord, iDRAC9, Express, Riser Config 1, 4 x8 slots
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
- Cloud applications/Web tech
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Drive demanding workloads with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.*
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%* with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Specifications for Dell PowerEdge R740 Server, Intel Xeon Silver 4210 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s, 13.75M Cache, 16GB RDIMM 2933MT/s, 2.4TB 10K RPM SAS 12Gbps, 3.5" Chassis with up to 8 Hard Drives | PowerEdge-R740
- 28 February, 2021